For many students with physical disabilities, whether permanent or temporary—the key to success in the classroom lies in having appropriate adaptations, accommodations, (crutches, canes, walkers, wheelchairs), and modifications made to the instruction and other classroom activities.
Congratulations to Hickory High for earning the 2016 Board of Education Excellence Award, the second-tier honor in the VIP program. These schools met all state and federal accountability benchmarks, made significant progress toward goals for increased student achievement, and expanded educational opportunities set by the board.
The Virtual Instruction Program will be continuing and extending the Virtual Virginia Full-Time Online Pilot Program from the 2016-2017 school year. Enrollment is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis.
Attached you will find:
- Virtual Instruction Program Guidelines
- Virtual Instruction Program Flyer
- Virtual Instruction Program FAQs
- Have a physical dated May 1, 2015 or after. This includes open gym, out of season practice and tryouts. The original or a copy of the physical must be on file in the athletic office before a student participates in these activities. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Register online in order to participate in athletics. Online registration will consist of completing all of the necessary paperwork needed to participate in athletics (including forms you will be familiar with from previous years.) Athletes will be able to register beginning July 1, 2015. The web site to register is http://www.hickorysports.com/.
Please Registration instructions
Once athletes have registered online and turned in their current physical they will be eligible to participate in athletics.
MyOnline Free and Reduced meal application entry makes it easy and convenient to apply for meal benefits for all your children. Simply enter the requested information as accurately as possible and all data will be instantly and securely sent to School Nutrition Services for processing. You will receive written notification of the results within 10 days. Free and Reduced Meal Application.